Monday, April 9, 2012

Empire Reel Babies

Ok all my Canadian mommies, this one is for you!  How many times have you watched a trailer for a new movie coming out and thought I would LOVE to watch that movie in the theatre.  Then you remember you have a young child who you are breastfeeding so getting to the theatre to watch a new movie isn't easy.  After all, who wants to inconvenience other paying customers with the possibility of a crying baby?  Plus the movies are to loud and will definitely wake my sleeping child or scare them.  Oh well, I guess I'll just wait for it to come out on DVD or on pay per view.  Well, you no longer have to feel that way:)


Empire Theatres, found across Canada, offer a program called Empire Reel Babies.  Twice a month you can watch a new release with your baby and other moms who are in the same boat as you.  They keep the lights dimmed rather than completely off so you and your kids can feel comfortable and the volume is lowered.  I had the pleasure of watching This Means War in the Kitchener theatre today and was very happy with what I saw. 

There was a spot just outside the theatre to park your strollers.  When I walked in I noticed they had set up a change table, so there is no need to leave the movie to change your baby.  They also had a table set up with creams and wipes in case you forgot something.  There was also a bottle warmer and microwave if needed.  Walking up to my seat I noticed that in the first row there was also a baby swhng.  I thought this was perfect.  Sometimes when Gian-Michael gets really restless the swing is all that works to settle him, so this was a feature that thrilled me. (Luckily I didn't need it today but I am glad to know it will be there when I do need it).  Also, for the month of February, you can bring a friend for free.  With the purchase of one admission, you will get a second free.  Click here for more info.